It is very simple to configure wifi for Samsung Star. It even worked out for me. Just follow the steps given below:
1. Restart your Samsung Star and start searching for WiFi connection you wanted to connect with.
2. Add the given WiFi setting.
* SET Name : "wifi connection name" (automatic filled)
* Bearer type : Wi-Fi (automatic filled)
* SSID : "wifi connection name" (automatic filled)
* Auth Type : Open
* Encryption Type : WEP
* Key Length : 64 bits or 128 bits**
* Index ID : 1
* Network Key : **
* Protocol : HTTP
* Home URL : http://
* Proxy address : "leave blank"
* Linger Time (sec) : 300
* Adhoc : off
* advance setting
Do not forget to enter the NETWORK KEY.
Create a Wireless Sync account as follows to configure wifi for Samsung Star as follows:
1. On your computer go to IE.
2. The, open the URL, wirelesssync.vzw.com to open the login page of the server for Wireless Sync.
3. There, go to SIGN UP NOW and create a new account.
4. There you will see the 3 EASY STEPS TO SETUP WIRELESS SYNC.
5. Go through it and select the link for "Setup Wireless Sync Now".
6. Click on the platform that you have chosen and for setting the desktop software that is required to open the environments required, open Quick Start Guide.
7. Select the NEXT option to go forward.
I would suggest you to use some other phone for WiFi, probably a 3G phone, that is NOKIA 5230. Its cost is $200 and is very good if you differentiate it with yourSamsung Star. You will not have any problem to configure WiFi in this phone as in Samsung Star . Its OS is SYMBIAN and has a great resolution , good quality DVD recording, GPS, etc. You will find it very much worthfull thanSamsung Star if you purchase NOKIA 5230.
star wifi has a problem . it is not able to fetch the ip address in Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) configuration mode … if you know your IP settings and ur dns server it is easy to connect .
when you connect to a new wifi network you are asked to enter the details.
fill in the encryption type.
fill in the encryption bits (64 or 128 )
SET Name : "wifi connection name" (automatic filled)
Bearer type : Wi-Fi (automatic filled)
SSID : "wifi connection name" (automatic filled)
Auth Type : Open
Encryption Type : WEP
Key Length : 64 bits or 128 bits**
Index ID : 1
Network Key : **
Protocol : HTTP
Home URL : http://
Proxy address : "leave blank"
Linger Time (sec) : 300
Adhoc : off
now click on advance settings
and enter an ip address of ur series (normally 192.168.1.XX or 192.168.0.xx)
inter the sub net mask as
enter server add
(normally 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1)
then enter the static dns server add
(provided by ur internet provider eg Airtel,BSNL etc )
i have done the steps as stated above and wifi gets conected and da wifi icon turns green but when i try to browse it request time out occurs and den later dns error appears.plz help me i wud b greatfu