Looking for the original Star Trek Costumes? Well, Star Trek has always been completely Massive at Halloween, and the release of the movie in 2009 means it's now even bigger! Regardless of whether you're a full blown Trekkie, or just want a fun theme for the night, you will find plenty of outfits to match you and help you to "boldly go where no man has gone before"!
Original Star Trek Costumes
You will find a few standard Star Trek Halloween costumes accessible for both men and women when you want to portray characters from the original Starfleet:
* Redshirts: This shirt became famous when the "redshirts" kept getting killed in unfortunate circumstances.
* Science & Medical: Officers of science and medicine wore blue shirts in the original and in the movie.
* Command & Helm: Even though shirts were technically green, they appeared as gold/ beige on screen.
Don't forget that you are want to the Star Fleet patch on the front of the shirt! This really is what'll let people know that you're from Star Trek, rather than just a guy wearing a regular shirt. People often make these using stencils they are able to buy or make to spray the design onto fabric, or perhaps buy the costumes complete with the patch.
The official Star Trek Halloween costumes accessible come in all the colors listed above. They're extremely realistic when compared to the original series and the movie.
Now you'll need to choose which of the Star Trek characters you would like to play. The main characters of the movie are:
* Spock: Wearing a blue tunic and dark pants, slightly darker in the movie compared to original series,
* Kirk: The gold tunic with dark pants,
* Nyota Uhura: Sporting the sexy red tunic,
* Hikaru Sulu: Also observed in exactly the same gold tunic as Kirk,
* Leonard "Bones" McCoy: Medical officer seen wearing the blue tunic,
* Montgomery "Scotty" Scott: Wearing red,
* Pavel Chekov: Gold tunic.
There may not be much scope for women in terms of the main characters of the movie, but the good news is that there are sexy original Star Trek style tunics available for women in red, blue and gold.
Whatever costumes are coming out, it is always great to get the original Star Trek Costumes.